I prepared this dish for dinner tonight. While it was not bad, it wasn’t much different than Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni.
Would I make it again? Probably. Unlike Beefaroni, this pasta bake was made from scratch, using fresh ingredients. No preservatives.
It also tasted a little better.
Italian Pasta Bake
1 lb. ground beef
3 cups penne pasta or rotini pasta, cooked & drained
1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup Parmesan & Romano cheese, divided in half
1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Brown meat in a large skillet, drain.
2. Add pasta, sauce, and half of the cheese blend. Mix well
3. Spoon into 13×9 inch baking dish.
4. Top with mozzarella cheese and remaining cheese blend.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through.